Limit Screen Time
Screen time is addictive and interferes with relationships.
1) For young children, be careful about using the TV as a babysitter.
2) Do not allow computers or TVs or cell phones in children's rooms.
3) Make agreements with children about how much TV, video games, texting adn internet time is reasonable.
4) Brainstorm fun alternative activities, that bring family members together.
I have a serious screen time addiction of my own, and have allowed C to develop one as well. I'll address each of the four points in turn:
- Knit or crochet - I recently learned both skills and have two works in progress: a knit cardigan sweater for C and a crocheted blanket to donate to Project Linus
- Clean the house?
- Bible study/devotional time
- Longhand writing exercises
- Start dinner
- Tidy up, declutter, clean
- Read C a book
- Get down on the floor and play with C
Thoughts, commiseration, encouragement are welcome!