Monday, October 20, 2014

Heart Failure to Transplant: Rainy Days and Mondays

On Monday, Oct 20, 2014 I posted the following to my CaringBridge journal:

Rainy days and Mondays never get me down actually. I love the rain (wish this was a rainy day!), and Monday is the start of a brand new week. What could be bad about that?

I had a better night sleep last night than I have had in a few days. I woke up this morning breathing a little easier as well.

I walked for 2 miles with some friends this morning. My dear friend Corrie offered to go to Costco for me to get eggs and bread so I don't have to wear myself out doing that.

So I've been puttering around here at home, tidying up a bit in each room. And now I'm taking a much needed break rocking and nursing my sweet baby through a nap.

Zachary is having a hard time with weaning. I have started limiting him to three times a day and not at all at night and he really is having a lot of big feelings about it. I am keeping the limit in place while telling him I see his upset and saying I'm sad too and we can rock and be sad together if he wants. Or sometimes when he is mad I tell him I know how much he liked nursing and how hard it is to have to change that.

Other than the emotion, one of the reasons weaning Zachary is hard on me is because now he has more freedom to get into things while I'm nursing Elliott. For example just now he climbed up on the counter, got into my spice cupboard and poured out the whole canister of allspice and a whole canister of poultry seasoning and mixed them together in a mug.

Good thing he likes to run the stick vacuum.

I'm listening to a playlist on Spotify called baby shower for Eli. I found it when I was pregnant with Elliott, and its a really great mix of songs. Just now The Carpenters song Close to You was on. And it's funny because I was singing that to my kids in bed this morning, along with silly motions.

I really enjoy singing. If I could do one thing and know I would not fail, it might just be to be entertainer who sings for a living.

That got me thinking, that I could maybe make videos of myself singing. I even made one but then deleted it because I didn't like how ill I looked.

I might try again...

UPDATE: 
OK, I did it!  I made a video of me singing, "The Beat Goes On" by Sonny and Cher.  Seemed appropriate...
The sound cuts in and out, sorry about that.

Very fun to make though!  Hope it's somewhat enjoyable to watch/listen too. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.