Saturday, July 18, 2009

Parenting = God's Classroom?

It's almost a cliche, but when I became a mother, I understood more deeply than ever before, at the experiential, gut level how deep and wide and high is the Father's love for us ... because my love for my precious daughter is only a miniscule poor replica of his abounding love.

As I pursue gentle and grace-based discipline methods with Pookaloo, I continue to learn more about God's character.

As Donald Miller writes in Through Painted Deserts, God created our world to be full of metaphors that tell His story. The heavens declare the glory of God. Light, like God, is both invisible and outside time. Similarly, marriage and parenting are two special human relationships that provide a more specific model or framework that helps our hearts and minds grasp the incomprehensible.

How magnificent, exquisite and perfect are his ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.