Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wounded by Shame, Healed by Grace

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the role that Shame plays in my life. My difficulty expressing emotions, my perfectionism/procrastination, etc. I took the shame assessment at Wounded by Shame, Healed by Grace. I took it thinking about how I was in college before any real healing took place in my heart, and scored a 22. A score of 15 is enough to mean that there is a significant problem with Shame in one's life.

Although healing has taken place (if I take it thinking about how I actually am today, I score a 15), and is still ongoing, I want to focus on this issue more. It's more pressing now that I am raising Pookaloo. The last thing I want to do is perpetuate this in her life. She will learn how to treat herself not only from the way I treat her but also from the way she sees me treat myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.