Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Surf

I've seen a few bloggers do a "Sunday Surf" post with links to things they've read and enjoyed during the week. This week I thought I'd try it too.

Birth in Ukraine writes about the Scriptural view of children.
One element of several popular Christian parenting books that I have found distressing is the confusion (or non-deliniation) between the sin nature vs. the ages-n-stages children go through.

Positive Parenting Toddlers and Beyond describes her Road to Non Punitive Parenting. I'm considering where I fall on the spectrum illustration she provides. I think I'm currently between the two middle options.

Dulce De Leche writes humbly about a realization that her parenting had gotten off track from her ideals. I can relate, as I shared in my Control Your Behavior post a few weeks ago.

Carrie of the Parenting Passageway wrote a beautiful description of how to develop patience by replacing impatience with Love.

After a few weeks of working to improve my housekeeping habits, I really needed to read the reminder of the Curse of Perfectionism at No White Chargers. When I'm tempted to despair that there's always more to do, that I'll never have a "perfectly" clean house, I need to remember that "good enough" still blesses my family!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! <3 Looking forward to reading all the other links! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.