Sunday, October 26, 2014

Heart Failure to Transplant: Don't Forget the Lasix

On Oct 26, 2014, I posted the following to my CaringBridge journal:

Yesterday I felt very good in terms of mood and energy. The air quality was good and my breathing felt almost normal. I think I did pretty well in terms of pacing myself, but it was so gratifying to be able to get more done. Polly couldn't make it and Adam had to work late but I felt able to manage dinner and bedtime on my own.

But other symptoms were there to remind me of my condition. I was very bloated in my abdomen because I had gained about three pounds of water weight over the weekend.

Monday morning, I had called my case manager in Santa Clara, Lina. She advised that I take a second and dose of my diuretic, and call her if my weight hadn't changed much by this morning.

This morning I had only lost half a pound, so I called Lina back. She wants me to continue taking a double dose for the next three days or until the three pounds comes off.

Problem: I took the last pill of my diuretic today. I had called in the refill for mail order toward the end of last week, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Lina scolded me for letting it get so low before I called in the refill. If it doesn't come in today's mail I may have to make a trip to Selma to get another refill or have Adam get it and bring it home to me.

Perhaps I'll have Adam get a refill even if one does come in today's mail. At least then I'd have extra on hand...

I have to get blood work drawn tomorrow for genetics and to check the health of my other organs and electrolyte balance. The genetics blood draw has to be done in Clovis. My friend Crissy is going to ride up with the boys and me, which makes the trip a lot more fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.