Thursday, October 23, 2014

Heart Failure to Transplant: Pulmonary Hypertension Healed?

I posted the following to my CaringBridge journal on Oct 23, 2014:

Praise!  The echocardiogram on Friday suggests that the blood pressure in my lungs has normalized.  This will be verified at the right heart catheterization on November 25, and may mean I don't need to be hospitalized or go on IV drugs, which would mean I don't have to wean Elliott. 
They'll draw blood for genetic testing on Tuesday, and also obtain blood samples from my parents.  The results of the test will not be ready for a few months.  The hope is that they can identify the gene that caused the cardiomyopathy so that my first-degree relatives can be screened.
I get my TB test results read this afternoon, and will also get a flu shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.