Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Heart Failure to Transplant: Enough

The following was posted to my CaringBridge journal on Oct. 8, 2014.

I've been reflecting on this word a lot lately.

I'm so used to being busy, to being involved, to volunteering and helping others outside my family. 

So there are a lot of emotions associated with having to slow down. 

I read in Ephesians 2:10 about the good works God prepared in advance for me to do, and want to figure out what I can still do to help others within my new limitations.

And I hear the Spirit say and others confirm, "Mothering is enough."

Each day I look at what I think I should be doing around my house, and don't always have the energy or time to do it all. 

And yet, somehow by God's grace and power I am able to do enough.

Today I read a devotional in Word for Today that talked about the fact that God gave only enough manna for that day.  I was also reminded how Jesus taught us to ask for our daily bread and not to worry about tomorrow. 

So I will refocus when I get anxious and feel inadequate. 

Just today.  Just this moment.

It is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.