Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Great Sermon on Parenting

This wonderful sermon by Tom Atchinson of Fox Valley Church is part of a series. I found a link to it on the Gentle Christian Mothers message board. It ties in perfectly with the theme of my blog: how God disciplines/teaches us and how we in turn are to discipline/teach our children.

It's long and has a few interesting tangents. I hope you can find time to listen and get as much out of it as I did.


Here's just one of the many nuggets of wisdom that I found really worthwhile:
Ask yourself, is the spirit of God working in your son or daughter?

Pastor Tom says we can be assured that the answer is yes, regardless of whether or not they are a believer, since Scripture says that the Holy Spirit is convicting the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and he works to draw every believer closer to the Father. Our job is to discern and then get in line with what God is already doing in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.