Saturday, February 21, 2015

Heart Failure to Transplant: The Wait is Over

February 21, 2015 is my transplant day. I posted some of these, my husband posted others:

A call came at 1:20 a.m. about a potential match, and now I'm here at Cedars-Sinai preparing to possibly go into the OR. The transplant surgeon is traveling to the donor's hospital to perform a visual inspection of the heart.

They will say go or no by 9:00, with surgery scheduled to begin at 9:30 if it is a go, but the whole thing may be called off if there is any problem with donor heart.

Am I ready? Is this it? Only God knows!  


The anesthesiologist just took me into the pre-op waiting area and went over the transplant procedure. He explained that it's a parallel process. They expect to get started around 10 by starting to sedate me. They won't be operating on the donor until I'm ready to go. They will check the heart and if it's okay they will bring it here by helicopter and begin the operation on me. He said once I go to the OR there is a 90 percent chance it will go forward and once they put me under its a 97 percent chance of going forward, so most likely this is it but we're still waiting and I'm very nervous.


This is Adam, Margaret's husband, she was rolled into the operating room at about 11am with surgery expected to start at about 11:45

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.