Sunday, February 22, 2015

Heart Transplant to Recovery: First Day

The following posts were made by my husband on Feb 22, 2015:

Margaret was extubated at 10 pm and after briefly speaking with me went back to sleep. It is assumed there were no issues over night as I did not receive a call and they stated  they would call if there were any problems.  I am on my way to spend the day with her an if all goes well as it has been, they hope to move her from the ICU as early as tomorrow.  She will likely remain hospitalized for about a week.


After a good night Margaret was able to get up and be moved to the chair and she was awake for the morning, numbers that are being monitored remain good, the hope is that tomorrow the swan catheter in her neck which measures pulmonary function and right side of heart function comes out tomorrow, once it comes out she will be able to ambulate and be moved out of the ICU. Chest tubes which remain for drainage are causing pain and discomfort, we hope they are able to be removed on Tuesday.


She is also enjoying her 1st meal tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.