Monday, March 29, 2010

Advocate versus Adversary

LOVE this blog post by Sally Clarkson! I'm so glad I don't have to be at war with Pookaloo or be her policeman.

I don't have to pretend to be the Holy Spirit and externally impose behaviors that look like fruit.

I'm her teacher, model, coach, advocate, comforter and a signpost on her walk of life that points to the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.

p.s. Someone in the comment section of Sally's blog recommends the book "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. I very emphatically DO NOT recommend that book's approach as it does not fall within the definition of gentle or grace-based discipline, but rather is one of the "formula" books that leads to an adversarial relationship.

1 comment:

  1. One of those books that starts out with a very good premise and vers off to a horrible direction

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and will publish and reply to them as soon as I am able in the midst of a busy mom schedule! Abusive, trolling or spam comments will not be published.